Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Monday, March 29, 2010

Thought for the day

What you resist will persist.

I make it no secret I have no plans on ever having kids. Not my thing.

Yet, I can't help but wonder why
  1. All my friends are mommies
  2. When I stayed with friends while back while out of town, I got thrown dead center into her Mommy and Me group the whole time.
  3. The mommy blogger has taken over.
  4. The mommy movie has become a genre all it's own.
  5. The Empress card, the 9 of Pentacles card, the Queen of Pentacles card - all pregnancy cards- keep popping up in readings.

Well, I suppose if the Universe wants me to have a kid at some point, it will happen. So I guess I must just relax and say okay fine. Enough throwing me to the mommies.

2 comments:

  1. And to add to it, I went to blockbuster and the movie Motherhood was on sale pre-viewed. A whole wall of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. I think the mommy blogger prevails on this site...but when I was on MySpace very few of the bloggers were mommies. It depends on the circles you travel. On Blogger, you can find non-mommy bloggers...but it takes a lot of reading and sifting through. But I know how it is to be a non-mom in a world of moms. Eventually you get sucked in!

    ReplyDelete